Segway Tour Guide – Full Time & Casual Positions
Looking for a fun yet at times challenging new job? Segway on Q has been operating since 2006 and is one of the top ranked activities in Queenstown on Trip Advisor. We offer a fun way to explore Queenstown for all ages on the two wheeled self-balancing Segway Personal Transporter.
Your role would involve:
- Ensuring client and pedestrian safety as a priority
- Effective training and supervision of clients
- Providing informative, interactive and entertaining commentary
- Shop tending, admin, taking bookings and payments
- Van (shuttle) driving
- General duties like cleaning
While primary responsibilities will be guiding, there will be opportunities for growth in areas like marketing if applicant has motivation and skills to progress.
The successful applicants will have:
- Excellent customer service skills with relevant experience.
- A full driver’s license and be confident driving large van. P licence would be a bonus.
- Great references.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English.
- He/she must be very responsible and respectful of guidelines for tour activity operations.
- Current first aid certificate or willing to attain.
Hours/Days of work:
Full time position; Wednesday to Sunday each week with a guaranteed 30+ hours per week. The role includes public holiday work.
Casual position; Mainly weekend work when needed. Some opportunities during week will occasionally be available also. Holiday cover for weekends of most of May & June needed and the start of July is a busy time so extra work will be available then.
The successful applicants will receive Segway tour guide training. A day of one on one training will teach the applicant what’s involved with the role and cover tour circuits. Segway on Q’s tour commentary will be given to the applicant which they will need to learn. The trainee will shadow a handful of trips providing a chance to learn the procedures and become familiar with equipment. The initial training (approx 2-3 days) up to this point is paid as a bonus after a period of service is completed. Further paid training will follow as you start guiding the trips.
If you’d like to join a company where work can be fun and good service is rewarded, send your CV along with cover letter/email including the following information:
- Which position you are applying for; Full time or Casual?
- Current address
- Do you have current first aid certificate? (If not, willing to attain?)
- Do you have full drivers license?
- In regards to the details in the above job description please explain why you think you are suitable for this role.
Send applications to Kevin Hey by via email; firstname.lastname@example.org